Because, numbers. Do any of these numbers change how you think about your library’s social media strategy?
- Facebook’s monthly active user base is expected to surpass 1.43 billion in the first quarter of 2015. (Source )
- Facebook still skews heavily female (Source)
- Believe it or not, Facebook is still tops for teens (Source)
- But…Organic Facebook reach drops to 2% for most pages (Source)
- On Twitter, engagement-per-post has grown by 85% year-over-year. (Source )
- The best number of times to tweet per day? 3. (Source)
- Instagram is now bigger than Twitter (Source)
- The more hashtags you use, the more likes and comments you’re likely to get (Source)
- Quit using filters. It may actually be hurting engagement (Source)
- Consumers expect companies to be present on an average of 3.4 different social platforms (Source)
So…do any of these create new thought patterns for you? Any surprises? Post in the comments!