Allegedly, we’re heading into some season that doesn’t necessarily involve horrible weather and the desire to hibernate. Perhaps, you might be thinking about cleaning things out after the long winter. Hopefully, that urge includes your library’s website. In that vein, I offer up a list of some posts here at Mean Laura, that may help you and provide some motivation for taking care of some of those nagging issues.
- Get rid of that rotating image carousel, which is bad for usability
- Get rid of the third column, because no one is really seeing it anyway
- Stop getting overexcited with your content
- Re-think your library’s logo
- Optimize your images to download faster
- Check for smelly content
- Stop putting out the welcome mat
Any big plans for spring cleaning your library’s website soon? Or, any plans you WISH you could do?